- Enjoy observing Langkawi's wild birds in its natural habitat.
- Seeing and experiencing Langkawi's endemic birds.
- Immerse in Langkawi natural landscape and surrounding.
- Good chance to check √ your list and achieve your target birds.
- Get good photograph of Langkawi's birds and landscape in your lens
- Birders can write in advance and let us know if any target birds.
- Available Daily with minimum 2 person per booking at RM200 per person per session (Not recommended for children)
- Twice a day at 7:30 am to 11.30am (Morning) and 3:30 pm to 7.30pm (Afternoon)
- 2 days birdwatching trip (4 sessions) available upon request at RM1500 for minimum 2 persons.
Langkawi is home to approximately 267 species of birds, of which about one third are migrants. These migrants winter here between the months of November to April. Outside these months, we will still get to see the resident birds.
The most suitable time to observe birds at the equator is either early morning or early evening when they are most active. This tour is suitable for both the serious birder and the birding enthusiast. This half day tour is spread over two sessions. You can either do them both or the one you most prefer.
Morning Session : Time: 7.30am - 11.30am
Habitat: Rainforest Corridor, Mangrove Forest, Plantation
The open corridor between the rainforest is best for observing rainforest birds. Among the birds we may see are Flower Peckers, Hill Mynas, Dollarbirds, Green Pigeons, Drongos, Tailorbirds, Babblers, Bulbuls, Sunbirds, Eagles, Woodpeckers and Oriental-pied Hornbills.
Our next destination takes us to a mangrove forest to search out the Brown-winged Kingfisher, Collared Kingfisher, Black-capped Kingfisher, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Brahminy Kite, Common Sandpiper and Little Heron.
Finally we make our way to plantations where we may get to see Blue-throated Bee-eaters, Chestnut-headed Bee-eaters, Blue-tailed Bee-eaters, Peaceful Doves and Spotted Doves. Return to hotel before noon.
Afternoon Session : Time: 3.30pm - 7.30pm
Habitat: Wetland, Disturb Forest, Mountain Rainforest
We begin this session with a short drive to a local village pond that is frequented by Lesser Whistling-Ducks, Little Egrets, Little Herons, Moorhens, Little Grebes, Pond Herons, Needle-tailed Swifts and Striated Swallows.
Along the way we make a stop at Paddy field in search of birds associated with this habitat. We may get to see Lapwings, Pond Herons, Egrets, Bitterns, White-throated Kingfisher and Plain-backed Sparrows.
We then drive to the highest peak in Langkawi to see Great Hornbills, Wreathed Hornbills and other rainforest species. These amazing birds will be the highlight of the trip. The Great Hornbills measuring 1.3meters (4 feet) from tip of beak to tip of tail, are the largest birds in Langkawi. Return to hotel.
- Pick up time by 7.30am for morning trip and 3.30pm for afternoon trip.
- Tour Duration: 4 hours approximately.
- Recommended Attire: T shirts, shorts, walking shoes, hat and good sun protection, keep to earth colors like green brown or black and avoid bright colors like red, yellow, and white.
- Required moderate fitness level, there will be some short walk.
- Not suitable for children.
Note: Junglewalla subscribe to the Birdlife International Guidelines for Best Practices on Bird Tourism for this tour. We promise to do our very best to get your target birds but we will not participate in feeding, bait and bird calls.
- Return Transfers
- English-Speaking Nature Guide
- Insurance Coverage
- Bottle water
- Binocular to use (we advise to bring your own)
What's Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Personal Expenses